Tangerine Essential Oil
Tangerine essential oil is cold pressed from the outer peel of the fruit that grows on the Citrus tangerinia, a tropical evergreen tree that is now cultivated extensively in the United States, South America and the Mediterranean.
The tangerine tree is very closely related to the mandarin tree and as such the essential oil shares most of the same properties. You may also find the oil referred to as coming from the Citrus reticulata, the mandarin tree.
Tangerine Essential Oil Properties
- Said to be beneficial for acne, congested and oily skin, insomnia, nervous tension, scars, skin disorders, and stretch marks.
- Contains anti-septic properties and is high in limonene, a powerful grease cutter, making it a good choice for household cleaning products.
- Is often used in insecticidal formulations for dogs, cats and humans.
- The oil has a clear, light yellow-orange colour and a sweet, fresh citrus scent very similar to mandarin.
- Has photo-toxic properties so avoid sunlight while using topical applications that contain this oil. May cause sensitivities in some individuals.
- Tangerine essential oil blends nicely with other citrus, spice, floral and herbal oils as well as, frankincense, juniper, myrrh, sandalwood and vanilla.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Tangerine Essential Oil Blends
Any scent blend combination that lists sweet orange, mandarin or bitter orange essential oils as a component would work well with tangerine oil substituted in.
- 3.0 part Tangerine
- 1.0 part Peppermint
- 3.0 part Bergamot
- 2.0 part Tangerine
- 1.0 part Lavender
- 1.0 part Geranium
- 1.0 part Vanilla
- 1.0 part Patchouli
- 6.0 part Tangerine
- 1.0 part Ylang Ylang
- 1.0 part Sandalwood
- 6.0 part Tangerine
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Like This Page?