Safflower Oil is cold pressed or expeller pressed from the seeds of the Carthamus tinctorius, a thistle like plant common to hot climates like Arizona and Mexico.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Safflower Oil Properties
- Quite inexpensive and makes a good substitute for more expensive oils in small quantities of about 10%.
- Highly conditioning and moisturising.
- Is a clear, pale yellow colour with very little odour and is easily absorbed by the skin.
- Has a shelf life of around 2 years if stored in a cool, dark location and refrigeration after opening is recommended.
- This oil is slow to trace so works best when combined with hard oils.
The chart below shows the approximate percentages of fatty acids present in Safflower Oil.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?