Plum Kernel Oil
Plum Kernel oil is pressed from the pits of the....yup, you guessed it....plum fruit! This oil is fairly new on the soap making scene but I have gathered what little information I could find.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Plum Kernel Oil Properties
- Has emollient properties that help moisturise damaged skin and maintain healthy cells.
- Rich in Vitamin A, E, oleic acid and anti-oxidents.
- Said to be beneficial for mature and dry skin types.
- It has a golden colour and a mild fruity/nut odour.
- The oil penetrates very well without leaving a greasy film on the skin.
- Has a shelf life of up to 12 months if stored in a cool, dry, dark location and refrigerated upon opening.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?