Scotch Pine Essential Oil
Scotch pine essential oil is steam distilled from the needles and twigs of the Pinus sylvestris, the scotch pine tree.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Scotch Pine Essential Oil Properties
- This oil is a pale yellow colour and has a strong, woody, evergreen scent.
- Has anti-septic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, fungicidal and deodorizing properties.
- Is said to be beneficial for cuts, excessive perspiration, eczema, psoriasis, lice, fleas and mental fatigue.
- Often used as a fragrance component in insect repelling soaps and cleaning products.
- Non-toxic and but may be sensitizing to some individuals.
- Blends nicely with bergamot, cedarwood, citronella, clary sage, eucalyptus, frankincense, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, myrrh, peppermint, rosemary, sage, sandalwood, tea tree, and thyme.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?