Pillow Box Tutorial
Give this easy pillow box tutorial a try. Make these cute boxes and use them for packaging up your handmade soaps or other bath and body products.
Each box will easily fit soaps that measure up to 3" x 2.5" x 1.25". Try using them as stocking stuffer gift boxes or as sampler packs and fill them with guest sized bath and body items.
Pillow Box Supplies
- 1 sheet of decorative card stock (or 1 sheet of plain card stock and 1 sheet of decorative paper)
- glue stick (to glue card stock and decorative paper together)
- double-sided tape (or regular scotch tape)
- blunt object for scoring on dotted lines...I used a mechanical pencil with the lead retracted.
- raffia or ribbon
- labels or tags
Pillow Box Instructions
- To save the template, click the link above, right click on the picture, select "Save Picture As..." and save to your desktop or desired location.
- Print or trace the template onto the backside of your decorative card stock or plain card stock, depending on which you are using.
- If you are using the plain card stock and decorative paper, use the glue stick to bond the two pieces of paper together. Make sure to glue the decorative paper to the blank side of the card stock.
- Cut the template out along the solid lines.
- Using the ruler and scoring tool, score along all the dotted lines of the template.
- Firmly fold and crease the straight dotted lines.
- Apply glue or a strip of double-sided tape to the decorative side of the tab, fold template with the tab on the inside of the box and seal shut. You now have a flattened tube with rounded ends.
- Gently crease and fold the curved dotted lines to create the end flaps.
- Tape or glue one end of the box shut.
- Fill the pillow box, close and decorate with ribbon and tags or labels.
Leave Pillow Box Tutorial and return to Soap Packaging Ideas
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Like This Page?