Petitgrain Essential Oil
Petitgrain essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and twigs of the Citrus aurantium, the bitter orange tree. This same tree produces Bitter Orange essential oil from the fruit and Neroli essential oil from the blossoms.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Petitgrain Essential Oil Properties
- This oil is a pale yellow-brown colour and has a floral, citrus scent with woody undertones.
- Has anti-septic, deodorizing, sedative and anti-depressant properties.
- Said to be beneficial for acne, anxiety, depression, perspiration, insomnia, oily hair and oily skin.
- Often used as a fragrance component in soaps.
- Non-toxic but may cause some irritation in some individuals.
- Blends nicely with citrus oils, floral oils, cedarwood, marjoram, clove, eucalyptus, benzoin, juniper, oakmoss, palmarosa, patchouli, clary sage, frankincense, rosemary, and sandalwood..
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?