Peru Balsam Essential Oil
Peru Balsam essential oil is steam distilled from the bark of the Myroxylon balsamum, a wild tree native to El Salvador and South America.
Peru Balsam Essential Oil Properties
- Has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and parasitic properties.
- Can be beneficial for chapped skin, eczema, rashes, sensitive skin, sores and wounds.
- Often used as a fragrance component in soaps.
- The oil is a pale yellow colour and has a sweet, woody, vanilla like scent.
- Best to avoid this oil during pregnancy and be aware it is an allergen and may cause skin sensitization in some individuals.
- Blends nicely with balsamics, florals, orientals, spices, patchouli, petitgrain, and sandalwood.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Like This Page?