Oregano Essential Oil
Oregano essential oil is steam distilled from Origanum vulgare, a perennial herb native to the Mediterannean.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Oregano Essential Oil Properties
- Has anti-septic, anti-toxic, anti-viral, bactericidal, fungicidal and parasitic properties.
- Reported to relieve the itch of insect bites, help treat athletes foot, eliminate lice infestations and intestinal worms.
- Is said to be beneficial in treating colds, flu, infections and muscular pain.
- Often used as a component in mens fragrance blends.
- Is a light yellow color and has a strong, spicy, herbaceous scent.
- Blends nicely with citrus oils, bergamot, cedarwood, chamomile, citronella, cypress, eucalyptus, lavender, marjoram, oakmoss, petitgrain, pine, rosemary, tea tree and thyme.
- Best avoided during pregnancy and can cause irritation in some individuals.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?