Myrrh Essential Oil
Myrrh essential oil is steam distilled from the resin of the Commiphora myrrha shrub that has been used for centuries in religious rituals and for medicinal purposes.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Myrrh Essential Oil Properties
- Has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, antispasmodic, anti-viral, astringent, fungicidal and sedative properties.
- Said to be beneficial for athletes foot, colds, cracked skin, cuts, eczema and wrinkles.
- A middle not that is often used as a fixative for scents.
- Is a dark brown color and has a rich, balsamic, earthy scent.
- Best to avoid during pregnancy.
- Blends nicely with citrus, spice and floral oils as well as clary sage, eucalyptus, frankincense, juniper, pine, rosemary, sandalwood, tea tree, thyme and vetiver..
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?