Lye in Mexico

by Anonymous

I am having trouble finding a lye supplier in Mexico. Are there any soapmakers in Mexico who can give me a lead?


I just make soap for fun and gifts but enjoy doing it and am nearly out of the supply I managed to move here with. Thanks.

Comments for Lye in Mexico

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Lye in Mexico
by: Adriana


Bellow is the information from were to get the lye (sodium hydroxide) in Spanish SOSA CAUSTICA (HIDROXIDO DE SODIO). The company is in Monterrey called Casa Holck they sale in small and large quantities(bulk). Also you can look at hardware stores and some pharmacies.

http://www.grupoholck.com/contact.html

Casa Holck
Ave. Bernardo Reyes 1214, Nte.
Colonia Industrial, CP 64440
Monterrey, Nuevo León, México

Phone / Fax: (52) 8125-3100

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Thank you!
by: Anonymous

Thank you so much for the information. I will contact them for sure. I appreciate it.

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Flakes or Liquid
by: Anonymous

Adriana,
I had my daughter call today (fluent in Spanish) and am wondering if you get the flakes or the liquid. They are telling me the flakes are 98% pure and people do use it in soapmaking, so I assume the other 2% is ok. Do you purchase the flakes? Thanks.
Sue

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Lye in Mexico
by: Anonymous

I don't think it will be an issue using 98% lye in flakes, I use flakes. I will investigate for sure and let you know.

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
I need
by: Deedee

Hi,
I am looking for palm kernel oil in mexico for soap mkaing...any ideas?

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Oils
by: Anonymous

I don't see palm kernal oil on their list, but in case you need others, I've ordered successfully from this site. They have quite a few oils and additives.
www.cosmotienda.com

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Submit a Question.


Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!

Like This Page?