Lime Essential Oil
Lime essential oil is cold pressed from the unripe fruit peel of the Citrus Aurantifolia, a small evergreen tree cultivated in many tropical regions around the world.
The oil is very similar in qualities to lemon oil, though the scent is distinctly that of the lime fruit.
Lime Essential Oil Properties
- Has astringent, anti-septic, anti-viral, bactericidal and deodorant properties.
- Said to be beneficial for acne, arthritis, strengthening nails, colds, cuts, skin irritations, infections, oily skin and insect bites.
- Is a clear yellow-green color and has a sweet, sharp, citrus peel scent.
- Best to avoid during pregnancy and may cause photo-sensitivity.
- Blends nicely with other citrus oils, bergamot, citronella, cedarwood, clary sage, geranium, ginger, lavender, neroli, nutmeg, rosemary, vanilla, vetiver and ylang ylang.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Like This Page?