Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from the fruit peel of the Citrus limonium, a small evergreen tree common to the Middle East, Asia, Southern Europe, Florida and California . Surprisingly, green, unripe lemons are used to produce a superior oil.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Lemon Essential Oil Properties
- Has anti-biotic, anti-depressant, anti-septic, astringent, bactericidal and insecticidal properties.
- Said to be beneficial for acne, arthritis, colds, concentration, corns, cuts, depression, insect bites, oily skin and hair, strengthening fingernails and wrinkles.
- Is a pale yellow color and smells like fresh lemon peels.
- Best to avoid during pregnancy and may cause photo-sensitivity.
- Blends nicely with citrus oils, chamomile, eucalyptus, fennel, geranium, juniper, lavender, neroli, oakmoss, rose, sandalwood and ylang ylang
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?