Ginger Essential Oil
Ginger essential oil is steam distilled from the dried rhizomes of the Zingiber officinale, a perennial herb. This essential oil is often used to formulate masculine and oriental scented handmade soaps.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Ginger Essential Oil Properties
- Has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, anti-septic and aphrodisiac properties.
- Said to be beneficial for improving memory, muscular pain and to sharpen the senses.
- Is a clear pale yellow color and has a woody, warm, spicy scent.
- Use caution as it may causes sensitivity in some individuals.
- Blends nicely with bergamot, cedarwood(virginia), clove, eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, jasmine, juniper, lemon, lime, mandarin, neroli, orange, palmarosa, patchouli, rose, rosewood, sandalwood, vetiver, and ylang ylang.
This essential oil has been used in my coffee soap recipe which is a wonderful bar to use in the kitchen or as a gardener's scrub.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?