Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the Pelargonium graveolens herb which is native to parts of Africa. These days you are likely to find a cultivar of this species in a hanging basket on someone's front porch.
Geranium Essential Oil Properties
- Said to be helpful for skin problems like eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and shingles.
- Has astringent, anti-septic, anti-depressant, anti-biotic, anti-spasmodic, anti-infectious and insecticidal properties.
- Is beneficial for acne, athletes foot, bruises, burns, depression, lice, nervous tension, PMS and wounds.
- Suitable for both oily and dry skin.
- Best to avoid during pregnancy and can cause sensitivity in some individuals.
- Is a greenish-yellow color and has a slighty minty, rose-like, herbaceous scent.
- Blends nicely with basil, bay, citronella, orange, fennel, grapefruit, jasmine, juniper, rose, bergamot, clary sage, sandalwood, lavender, chamomile, lemon, lemongrass, neroli and nutmeg.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Like This Page?