Clove Bud Essential Oil
Clove bud essential oil is steam distilled from the dried flower buds of the Eugenia aromatica, Eugenia caryophyllata or Syzgium aromaticum tree. Which variety is dependent on the supplier.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Clove Bud Essential Oil Properties
- Has anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-infectious, anti-oxidant, anti-septic, anti-viral, aphrodisiac and parasitic properties.
- Is said to be beneficial for acne, athletes foot, bruises, burns, cuts, infections, insect repellent, muscle pain, nausea and warts.
- Has a golden color and has a warm spicy scent. Use sparingly, a little goes a long way.
- When using this oil in your soap making scent blends be prepared to work quickly. Once it is added to your traced soap, saponification will speed up. Make sure it is one of the last things you add to your soap before you pour it into your soap mould.
- Best to avoid during pregnancy and may cause sensitivity in some individuals.
- Blends nicely with bay, bergamot, chamomile, clary sage, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, mandarin, palmarosa, rose, sandalwood, vanilla, and ylang ylang.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?