Clove Bud essential oil is steam distilled from the dried flower buds of the Eugenia aromatica, Eugenia caryophyllata or Syzgium aromaticum tree. Which variety is dependent on the supplier.
A few of Clove Bud Essential Oil's qualities are as follows:
- has anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-infectious, anti-oxidant, anti-septic, anti-viral, aphrodisiac and parasitic properties.
- said to be beneficial for acne, athletes foot, bruises, burns, cuts, infections, insect repellent, muscle pain, nausea and warts.
- is a golden color and has a warm spicey scent.
- best to avoid during pregnancy and may cause sensitivity in some individuals.
- blends nicely with bay, bergamot, chamomile, clary sage, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, lemon, mandarin, palmarosa, rose, sandalwood, vanilla, and ylang ylang.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.