Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary Sage essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and stem of the Salvia sclarea herb which is native to Asia, the Mediterranean and Africa. The herb has long be used for its medicinal and fragrance properties.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. If you buy a product through them, I receive a small commission which helps me provide the free information you find on this site. Thank you for your support!
Clary Sage Properties
- Is often used in perfumes as a fixative.
- Has anti-septic, anti-depressant, anti-infectious, anti-spasmodic and aphrodisiac properties.
- Is said to be beneficial to acne, dandruff, depression, perspiration, hair loss, inflamed skin, migraines, nervous fatigue, oily skin and hair, menstrual related problems, promoting sleep, reducing wrinkles and varicose veins.
- Best avoided during pregnancy.
- Is a golden yellow color and has an earthy, herbaceous scent.
- Blends nicely with bergamot, black pepper, chamomile, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, jasmine, juniper, lavender, lime, mandarin, orange, patchouli, petitgrain, pine, rose, sandalwood, and tea tree.
This information is provided for reference use only and is not meant to substitute the advice of a licensed health care professional.
Like This Page?